lunes, 28 de diciembre de 2009

Luis Diego´s testimony of salvation


Luis Diego’s Testimony

My mother lived with her family in the countryside of Costa Rica. She became pregnant outside of wedlock and made the decision to avoid problems with her family and work in the city during her pregnancy. Eventually, I was born in San José, Costa Rica on August 22nd, 1972. After my birth, my mother took me to another family and paid them to bring me up along with another one of my sisters.

A little bit before I was ten years-old, my mother made the decision to take my sister and I to live with her in another town and begin living with her.

In reality, all my childhood I grew up without experiencing firsthand a father’s love. My father was absent in my life, and as an adult I analyze how important it is for a child to have a healthy relationship with their father. As a result of the conditions of my family relationships, I felt very insecure, unstable, unintelligent and confused during my youth. Many times those same feelings would stir in me even when a father-like figure would hug me during that time in my life.

When I was 13 years-old, I finished grade school and chose to stay at home. My daily activities consisted of waiting for my mom to go cook in some restaurant at ten in the morning, and I would leave the house to look through dumpsters to try to find some article of clothing, shoes, or other objects of some facevalue.

As an adolescent, I was known for being a trouble-maker and a jokester even among my friends. I argued alot with my mother and my two younger sisters.

One day, I had a big fight with my mom and left home. As I escaped farther and farther from the house, I talked to God and asked Him if He really existed even in the midst of all my trials and confusion. Tears fell down my face and I started to cry like a little baby. Through what I now know is the Holy Spirit, I felt a great release. I will never forget that day when I talked to God. A couple days later, someone invited me to go to church. I arrived to a Saturday night youth group. There I accepted Jesús Christ and I found the love that I needed so desperately. Jesús Christ, the Son of God died on the cross for my sins and forgave all my rebellions. He cleansed me whiter than snow and helped me to reach my heavenly Father.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario