viernes, 29 de octubre de 2010

HE ANSWERS OUR CRY

As most of you are aware, we have chosen a lifestyle that calls us to invite members of Christ´s body and people that God prepares to financially and holistically support us as we serve full-time in the areas where God has called us to assist in ministry. Each one of us is in a process of being formed and prepared by the Potter for greater things, and many times we are challenged and tried with the hope of growing in the character Christ has laid out for us. Many times, we are tried due to poor choices and decisions we make, but inevitably because God has a purpose in our lives and wants our faith to be purified through the fire.

Well, we experienced a very challenging financial predicament for the first few months of this year. It was a time of waiting on the Lord and learning to seek His wisdom in our every move.

As things got tighter, the pressure was stronger. With the knowledge of our first pregnancy, eating healthy and living a lower stress lifestyle was important. It didn´t seem to be happening. As our emotions and faith stretched, each day passing felt like the walls were caving into us and we were drowning. But we continued to call out to God, even though He didn´t seem at all close.

Well, as our bills piled up and the money didn´t arrive, in my devotions I stumbled across Psalm 40 which articulates:

I waited patiently for the LORD;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
3 He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the LORD.
4 Blessed is the man
who makes the LORD his trust,
who does not look to the proud,
to those who turn aside to false gods. [a]
5 Many, O LORD my God,
are the wonders you have done.
The things you planned for us
no one can recount to you;
were I to speak and tell of them,
they would be too many to declare.
The words jumped off the page and buried into my heart a deep desire to blindly trust the Lord for His provision. We had been blessed with rice and beans and my husband had the custom of giving me the best portion so that the baby and I had enough. We had a roof over our heads and running water, warm showers and we were safe. God was still in control, though we couldn´t feel Him. Someone once said that when you can´t feel Him it´s because He is getting ready to make His move. The calm of the storm was on the horizon, but when you´re in the middle of the winds and waves, it´s hard to envision.

Well, in March I got to the point of screaming to see if anyone would respond, I only had enough petty cash to get me to seminary classes and there was nothing left, God kept telling me in prayer to wait on Him, that He would defend us. So I went to class and struggled to listen to the theology being mentioned. When the professor asked for an example of a prayer request, the Holy Spirit burned inside me to speak. I shared our prayer request and the class moved on. Upon finishing class, strangely everyone stayed in their chairs. The professor turned towards me and asked if I would share about our situation to see how they could help. As I shared, once again the Holy Spirit burned inside me. Finishing, the class prayed over us and collected an offering. God provided not only to get home, but enough to pay our bills, buy food and then some. Our prayers filled with tears and gratitude a gush of relieve poured into our lives. God had answered our cry and though we couldn´t feel Him we knew He was at work.

By sharing that day, a youth group invited us to their missions teaching and we were blessed with all kinds of fruit and an offering of love. Multiple missionaries blessed me with maternity clothes and a dear couple sowed a monetary seed into us which provided for an ultrasound, a month of water aerobics and vitamins. God just over abundantly blessed and I can´t express how tender these moments have become as part of our son´s beginning in his growth in the womb.



So wait patiently on the Lord, despite your need or prayer, because when He turns, He WILL answer your cry.

How rich and sweet are the voiced sounds of the worshiper who praise Him in the slimy pit and confides fully in Him despite the muddy mess.

Even when it is dark and gray, we cannot begin to count the wonders He has marvelously carved out for each and every one of us. Thank you Lord, that we can praise you simply because of who you are.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario