domingo, 3 de enero de 2010

CDP wraps up in December


CDP is a child development program that casts the vision of empowering community leaders, churches and families to make responsible decisions concerning the opportunities to promote the developmental needs of their children. By working towards bettering children's holistic development, community members assist in the social development of their community and future generations.

God took my glittery eyes that dreamed of CDP and plopped me into 8 months of personal formation as I invested my life into 20 families and their children who participated in this program with FHICR.

Through the wear and tear of working with these families through good times and bad times, I came to reflect on the initial strategy that had been applied in this particular program. The original gear was to direct the families in analizing the real needs of their children and focusing on a holistic program. As it turns out, the program I adquired was directed towards scholastic financial aid in the form of scholarships and other activities planned around this focal point.

As time went on, the more I could see God closing the door on this program, and that His work was going to continue in those who are leaning on Him for the answer. So I loved these people with all my heart and challnged myself daily to be a living testimony of Christ to them.

I dropped out of monthly contact due to all the end-of-the-year activities. Throughout the year we were involved in: house visits, tutoring center, Kids´Club, prayer meetings, profile updating, medical check ups, school supply donations, Sports activities, parent meetings, card workshops, etc. Towards the end, God´s strength was sufficient to combat the battles of the enemy to throw in the towel. We ran the race with all our might and were able to complete the program with answered prayer. In our final meeting where we shared our plans to finish the scholarship with these particular families, God blessed with a comprehensive heart in the mothers who participated in the breakfast lucheon in our office. They opened up and gave testimonies of how God helped them to get up on their own two feet and fight for the well-being and education of their children.

We remain steadfast in prayer for the revelation of God´s plans for the future of this program in 2010. Until He speaks, we will wait for His direction, with thanksgiving in our hearts for the growth witnessed in our lives as well as the families who He chose to be involved.

This outlet showed me how He has called us to get dirty for His kingdom: giving our most basic and most complex needs to our Lord and Savior: every dirt road, every smelly corner, every flee infested dog, every heat stroke, every tear shed, every grade improved, every test passed, is all to glorify His name.

1 comentario:

Grace Suzanne dijo...

I've been blogging since December 22nd and I love it! Say hi to LD for me!

Publicar un comentario